Position: Master Carpenter
Position Type: PT Temporary— March 2016-September 2016
To direct and oversee the carpentry requirements of the Maplewood Barn Community theatre during the 2016 season.
• Assist production directors in preparing plans for set construction and estimating material costs
• Oversee the ‘spring cleaning’ of the theatre.
• Ready all materials (plans, paint, lumber, tools, etc…) in advance for set builds or technical rehearsals.
• Direct set builds and help ensure the safety of all volunteers who participate
• Be available to attend evening rehearsals during tech weeks in order to prepare for the production.
• Lead set deconstruction on the Monday evening following the final performance of each production and help ensure the safety of all volunteers who participate
• Manage and maintain all technical equipment throughout the season.
• Provide technical support for other Barn events as needed
Hours are flexible except that set builds take place on Saturdays and Sundays for 2-3 weeks prior before the opening of a show and availability is needed evenings during the week immediately prior to the opening of a show. While the MC is not expected to attend performances, he or she is expected to be available if any technical difficulties occur.
Leadership experience, Construction experience, Experience with sound equipment preferred, Good communication Skills, Previous theatre experience is a plus. Must be dependable.